Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Transformation and the River Don

There is just something about large bodies of moving water that becomes even more magical when the light around you is changing. For me they are magical places that speak in poetry and motion. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow said that 'my soul is full of longing, for the secret of the sea' and that in speaking the truth about the sea we can't leave out the poetry. And seeing as I am not much of a poet I thought I would give photographing the River Don as it began transforming a try.  














4 comments:

  1. wow. beautiful landscapes tarryn! perfectly captured and edited to bring out the natural beauty. Ah wide open spaces, I long for such nature! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my head as I was looking through the pics I was thinking exactly what Caeri wrote in her comment! Beautiful Terryn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Desi and Caeri! Love you ladies :) Wish I could click my heels and have you both appear here so we could photograph together like the good old Grahamstown days. The light in Scotland is so different to South Africa. I was so surprised when I got back and downloaded the photos from the River Don. They hardly needed any editing - just a couple pick me ups with the highlights. And Caeri I keep thinking of you as I always seem to capture birds in my photos which makes me think of feathers and then of course you! Busy working on my castle blog post which will be up on Monday or Tuesday and that has some birds that sneak into shots as well, haha.

    ReplyDelete