Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dundee in the morning


So the other morning I went with my sister through to Dundee as she attends university there and I needed to use the free internet at the library and just get out of Brechin for a while. 
While waiting for the shops to open I decided to explore Dundee in the beautiful morning light that was bathing the city. 



A Dundee street is painted by the morning rays that rise up over the ocean. 




The fish shop is already a hub of activity even this early in the morning. 






I am fascinated by the butcheries in Scotland as they look so cosy and the butchers wear a uniform with a matching hat that just reminds me of images that I have seen in old films. 




The RRS Discovery was the last traditional wooden three-masted ship to be built in Britain. Designed for Antartic research, she was launched in 1901. Her first mission was the British National Antarctic Expedition, carrying Robert Falcon Scott and Ernest Shackleton on their first, successful journey to the Antarctic, known as the Discovery Expedition. She is now the centrepiece of visitor attraction in her home, Dundee. (Courtesy of Wikipedia)


That Scottish sense of humour. 




The right kind of light can even make a dreary cemetery come alive. 


I took a wonder around the Mcmanus Museum in Dundee which documents the history of Dundee and its connections to the world. 




I just loved this piece of art work as it is made of recycled milk bottles and it is so colourful that I just can't help but smile when I see it. Wish I could have one in my room!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment