Sunday, January 29, 2012

Aberdeen


'This morning I find myself sitting in the kitchen window of my new home in Aberdeen drinking black coffee with no sugar (my friend Raisa would be so proud) watching the activity below on the street. As our first story flat is directly across the road from a massive sports village the activity is great and the people range from grey hair to young children in football kits. Yet they all move along the street like worker ants that know exactly where they are going. 




The sun's rays which rose above the ocean just a few hundred metres away are finally able to reach over the buildings allowing a blanket of soft golden light to carpet the rooftops of the grey buildings. A lady with a blue jacket and H&M bag rushes down the street as if entered in a speed walking competition. Catching a bus? late for work? I'll never know. A woman with a squash racket pops into the gym followed by two guys  dressed to gym the morning away. Only what appears to be a twenty-something lady pushing a pram is not on a frantic mission to get somewhere. 

In some ways I envy them the knowing - the feeling of 'I have people to see and places to go'. Yet the allure of not knowing and experiencing the unexpected is very tempting. For me at present the unexpected is my only choice as the job hunt has yet to result in a job. 

So for now I will enjoy the new flat and continue unpacking boxes. As my friend, Caeri Dunnell, pointed out on her blog the other day we need to 'be happy and dance to the music of life' and have as much hope as we can!



The sliver lining of not working at present means that I have time to explore of new surroundings and take photos as often as I like! 
This is the promenade in Aberdeen which is just a few minutes walk from my house. 




No comments:

Post a Comment